[OpenSER-Users] Limiting maximum number of concurrent calls

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 17 23:57:40 CEST 2008

Rana Dhekial wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running openeser version 1.2.2. Currently we have defined 3
> groups of subscribers. We have a requirement of limiting max number of
> concurrent calls per group. For example, 10 maximum number of
> concurrent ( incoming /outgoing ) calls for subscribers belonging to
> group 1. How do we go about it. Any sample config will be appreciated.

As far as I know, there is no inherent mechanism for doing this in OpenSER.

You are going to have to keep state for each SIP transaction going to a
particular subscriber group - perhaps using a database.  Using request
and reply routes, be able to store calls in progress.  Then, count them
to enforce the cap.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems