[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER Question

Thu Jan 10 08:24:11 CET 2008

ListAcct schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted someones honest opinion. I have ran across and read a little on
> SER and OpenSER have not yet had much time. But would you recommend
> OpenSER for a service provider who is wanting or thinking about
> deploying VoIP service for its customers? What other products would you

yes

> recommend to work along with OpenSER such as billing and accounting
> interfacing. We have used Asterisk for our internal PBX for about two
> years and love it.

again yes. Asterisk can be used as application server and PSTN gateway.

By using Asterisk of course you have to deal with the hardware yourself
and be prepared that you have to update Asterisk regularly. Nevertheless
Asterisk is really flexible and you can even add some features if needed
- this can't be done with commercial products.

If you only need a dumb PSTN gateway I can also recommend Cisco As53x0.
You turn it on, configure it and your are done - never had any issues
with them - works like a charm and very reliable.

regards
klaus