[OpenSIPS-Users] Need help in configuring MediaProxy2

Juan Backson juanbackson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 04:44:54 CET 2008

Hi,

I am working on a configuration with both opensips and mediaproxy2 in one
box and B2BUA in another box.  If both SIP clients connecting to opensips
are within NAT, then mediaproxy2 will proxy all the media.  If a SIP client
needs to make a PSTN call and if the SIP client is within NAT, then
mediaproxy will proxy the media between the B2BUA and SIP client.

I managed to get mediaproxy2 installed, thanks to all the help I got from
this list.  I also wrote a config.ini,but when I started ./media-relay or
./media-dispatcher, nothing happens.  How to I get these two processes to
start?

Also, could someone help me to understand when to use media-dispatcher or
media-relay and how to set them up?  Where do I specify the IP and port for
my B2BUAs?

I can't find much doc on MediaProxy2, so I am pretty stuck right now.  If
anyone can point me to a useful doc on how to get MediaProxy running with
opensips, I would greatly appreciate it.

I worked with the old MediaProxy version based on the doc I found from
Google, but there seems to be relatively little info on how to get
MediaProxy running?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best Regards,
JB

Here is my config.ini:

[Relay]

dispatchers = example.com 192.168.1.101:5070
relay_ip = 192.168.1.102
port_range = 50000:60000
stream_timeout = 90
on_hold_timeout = 7200
dns_check_interval = 60
reconnect_delay = 10
traffic_sampling_period = 15

[Dispatcher]
socket_path = dispatcher.sock
listen = 0.0.0.0
listen_management = 0.0.0.0
relay_timeout = 5

[TLS]
[Database]

[Radius]

[OpenSIPS]
socket_path = '/var/run/opensips/socket'
max_connections = 10