[OpenSER-Users] Missing or unsupported event header field value - presence woes

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:45:57 CEST 2008

On 04/08/08 22:37, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> There is presence_mwi that should be able to handle the event
>> 'message-summary'. However, if you don't get the presence working for
>> two x-lite softphones, the error is somewhere else -- the above
>> message does not affect the SIMPLE status presence part.
>>

> Yeah - Shortly after I sent my message we fired up wireshark to figure
> out that there was a rouge Polycom phone sending us MWI indications,
> which we were not expecting.  I knew something odd was happening just
> wasn't sure exactly what until we were able to sniff the wire.
>

>> The 'tab' is printed from the C sources, in the debug message, it is
>> not the cause for the issue.
>>

> Ok - good to know.
>

>> You have to watch the SIP traffic and see if the SUBSCRIBEs and
>> PUBLISHes are replied properly. Then check if after a PUBLISH a
>> NOTIFY is issued.
>

> OpenSER is sending what looks to be a properly formatted NOTIFY,
> however we always getting back a 481 Call Transaction Does Not exist
> from X-Lite to OpenSER's presence NOTIFY message.
>
> We are setting up SJPhone and a Polycom phone to see if we get any
> different behavior.
>

> Are we missing something in the config I sent previously?
The snippets seem to be ok, and as you got to openser sending the
NOTIFY, it should be pretty much ok in the server side.

There is something that makes x-lite unhappy. If you can send me the SIP
trace, from the SUBSCRIBE sent by x-lite, with the PUBLISH and the
NOTIFY, I may be able to spot something.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
http://www.asipto.com