[OpenSER-Users] Please help in Openser behind NAT design

Halomoan Chow halomoan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:37:12 CEST 2007

Hi All

I'm a new member and trying to use Openser as my VOIP "router"
I plan to make following configuration:

UA <---> Openser <---> Firewall/NAT <--INTERNET--> Firewall/NAT <---> UA
a.a.a.a/24                    x.x.x.x
y.y.y.y        b.b.b.b/24

a.a.a.a and b.b.b.b is internal IP not internet route-able
x.x.x.x and y.y.y.y is Firewall/NAT external IP number

I know there is mediaproxy and RTPProxy to solve the UA b.b.b.b that behind
NAT but I don't know if my decision to put Openser behind NAT is correct or
not.
How to archive the above diagram with Openser ?
If above Openser location is wrong, where should the Openser reside in the
diagram? Install in Firewall/NAT or in INTERNET (dedicated server)

Thank you for your help and sorry if my question is too newbie

Halomoan