[OpenSER-Users] "480 User not responding" instead of "408 Request Timeout" when modparam("tm", "noisy_ctimer", 1)?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Oct 23 12:29:02 CEST 2007

Hi, if modparam("tm", "noisy_ctimer", 1) and INVITE exceded "fr_inv_timer"
then OpenSer sends "408 Request Timeout" to caller and CANCEL to called.

I'm sure this is correct according to RFC, but wouldn't be better replying
with "480 User not responding"?

For example, Asterisk does nothing if it receives "408 Request Timeout" (it
ignores it). I've reported about about it:
  http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11058

Sure it's a fail of Asterisk who shoud accept "408" and terminate the call,
but anyway, wouldn't be correct to reply with "480" instead of "408"?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo