[OpenSER-Users] Re: Users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 61

vallimamod abdullah vabdulla at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 09:35:48 CEST 2007

On 10/19/07, users-request at openser.org <users-request at openser.org> wrote on
behalf of Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at in.ilimit.es>:

> > My openser have a private IP (192.168.5.119) statically natted to
> > xx.xx.33.119; so the first via contains the private IP. Is it up to the
> > client to figure out how to manage this or is there a way to handle this
> > in openser ?
>

> Look at the "Via" headres in both cases, they are the same.

That's right but the difference is that the second invite reply (from Sipura)
arrives to the server and the first one from Thomson don't.

> You have an issue because NAT. The Thomson INVITE leaves OpenSer natted but
> the Via header added by OpenSer says "192.168.5.119". You should fix the Via
> header for messages that will be natted, but sincerely I don't know how.

Thank you for this hint. It reminded me a wonderful option in openser core
called "advertised_address" where you can set what you want to see in the first
Via.  So I set my domain name there. It is resolved with the public IP from
outside and with the lan IP from the inside and now it works from both sides !

- vma
.