[OpenSER-Users] Modify $au to lowercase

Mon Nov 26 11:46:42 CET 2007

Peter P GMX schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> is there any chance to modify the authorization user name?
>
> I have the following scenario. We do allow only lowercase usernames when
> users are registering. So the md5 password is created and stored based
> on lowercase letters.
> When a user receives his account data he might enter his username in
> camelcase in his user agent. So when he tries to register, it fails, as
> the md5 hash based on the camelcased username is different.

I think there is no way to fix this. The SIP client calculates the
response value based on the username (authentication username if client
allows to enter it too) entered by the user.

If you are using pre-calculated hashes at openser the response sent by
the SIP client and the response calculated by openser will allways
differ if the user uses camelcase.

regards
klaus