[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER + Remote Database scalability issue

John Barry jbarry74 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 17 23:15:36 CET 2007

Hello,

I have notice that when I configure http-digest authentication for INVITE messages in OpenSER 1.2.2, there is a big difference in the call throughput when you use a database in a remote machine.  For example, when using a Mysql database in a remote machine with a RTT= 0.187 ms, the total call throughput decreases by almost 60% in comparison when using the database in the same machine where OpenSER is installed.

Why is this happening? How can improve this behavior? I would like to have the database in a separate machine.

Thanks,
JB74