[OpenSER-Users] Drop reply

Tue Nov 13 17:06:34 CET 2007

Alex Hermann schrieb:
> On Tuesday 13 November 2007 09:41, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> Hi Klaus,
>>
>> yes, it is possible to drop provisional replies. But I think Alex was
>> referring to final negative reply as he mentioned failure route (you do
>> not get any provisional reply there).
>
> Right.
>
> I pass REGISTER requests to an upstream registrar, but when it is unavailable
> I use the 'save()' function from failure_route to create a valid 200 OK
> response to the UAC. In this scenario the UAC also receives the locally
> created 408 or upstream response. I want to drop this (negative) response.

IMO it should be possible to also drop final responses (yes I know it is
bad as the transactions stay in memory but sometimes it is needed).

As a workaround - in failure route loop the request to the proxy again
and then save it (of course src_ip is then wring. Thus for NAT traversal
you have to store the received paramters in a proprietary header which
will be read when receiving the REGISTER again).

regards
klaus