[OpenSER-Users] Drop reply

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Tue Nov 13 10:41:49 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 09:41, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> yes, it is possible to drop provisional replies. But I think Alex was
> referring to final negative reply as he mentioned failure route (you do
> not get any provisional reply there).

Right.

I pass REGISTER requests to an upstream registrar, but when it is unavailable
I use the 'save()' function from failure_route to create a valid 200 OK
response to the UAC. In this scenario the UAC also receives the locally
created 408 or upstream response. I want to drop this (negative) response.

Luckily the 200 OK is sent earlier than the 408, but there is no gauarantee is
will arrive earlier. It is also not known how every UAC will react when it
receives both replies.
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alex Hermann