[Users] call park/pickup using openser

zm23 zm23 at columbia.edu
Fri May 11 14:08:04 CEST 2007

Thank you Raviprakash for your reply.

  I have my system setup as you described, however, I am experiencing
difficulty with the actual call transfers.
The problem is that Asterisk is not "replacing" the call when it
receives a REFER request to connect.

Are you using this setup?

I  have configured openser to relay calls made to  ruri 700-720 to
asterisk running on localhost:5069

Call flow:

phoneA --------call------> phoneB

PhoneB answers

then  PhoneB -----transfer --------> asterisk (700)

asterisk answers and plays the parking location (701)

PhoneB (press transfer again) -----------REFER ---------> phone A

PhoneA -----------invite with referred-by header-------> asterisk

At this point,

Asterisk  <---------------connected and plays parking lot 702

Asterisk <-------------still connected -------------------> phoneB

This was a specific example but this transfer problem is not limited
to call park only. It happens any time asterisk is the second party
called in call transfer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Zahid