[Users] SIP trunking requirements

A.M. agentm at themactionfaction.com
Fri May 11 01:56:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm working on a project involving a SIP trunking provider that
requires a b2bua with registration.

I noticed on the home page that openser is not a b2bua. Is there an
architectural limitation of openser that prevents it from being a b2bua?

A common setup for the b2bua will be NAT traversal. Currently, we are
using an Ingate SIParator 19 appliance but we would rather use pure
software. I haven't been able to find an open source b2bua that can
bind to multiple addresses for NAT traversal and register with the
SIP trunk provider. Asterisk is pretty heavyweight for the basic SIP
mangling I want to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks,