[Users] Re: [Devel] "detached" timer

T.R. Missner trmissner at bandwidth.com
Thu Mar 29 18:34:42 CEST 2007

Bogdan,

I have been chasing this for days and done lots of debugging.
using 1.1.1
While looking at the network trace at the time of these messages ( I
usually see at least 5 in a row with differing hex values ) I see many
incoming packets coming into the box and no response from the proxy for
somewhere between 5 - 10 seconds, then a flood a responses from the proxy.
I can email you a sample pcap file if you like.
As part of my debugging I forced a 100 reply at the very top of my cfg
file.
The forced 100 was not sent during the locked up time leading me to
believe openser was not processing incoming packets.
I have now seen this on multiple servers in different locations. Likely
a particular customer call flow is causing this but I have not been able
to pin it down to the exact customer. These proxies run pretty fast
during the day so finding a pattern leading up the this issue is
difficult.
What could I add to the Log output to identify the offending sip-callid?
Is sip-callid or branch tag or anything similar easily accessible in any
of the data structs in timer.c?

TR