[Users] OpenSER @ Von @ San Jose

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Mar 29 12:37:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

OpenSER made a nice presence at Von Spring in San Jose. There were
several presentation on the OpenSER topic, both in the expo area -in the
Von Theatre- and in the conference sessions. For more, see:

   http://www.openser.org/events/2007-03-20-VoN-Spring/

There are other related presentations, but I'm still struggling to get
them all.

OpenSER drew and got a lot of attention - many people were aware of
OpenSER and its potential, there were also quite some solutions (from
expo area) using OpenSER and I personally met people using it for a
large set of scenarios. And most important, I find more and more people
are attracted by OpenSER as a viable solution for VoIP systems.

As usual, VoN was an interesting experience. There is a changed of focus
since last year - based on both the presented solution (expos) and on
the conference topic, the interest shifted from IMS to "mobile VoIP"
(fix mobile convergence). At least that was my personal impression and I
find it most interesting as I think it reflects the real current needs
(or requirements) of the VoIP solutions.