[Users] How does Openser Presence Server works?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Wed Jun 20 11:08:39 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 06/20/07 10:52, li wang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> There is one question for OpenSer Presence module i don't understand.
>
> I see that the Presence server takes action base on the received SIP
> message SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH, I want to know which stack SIP are u using
> in Openser?
there is no specific stack, it is implemented in OpenSER and cannot be
well delimited out of OpenSER.
> Because i look around the SIP Servlet API standard, it doesn't contain
> the method like doPublish(), doUpdate().
OpenSER does not follow SIP Servlet API, maybe weSIP has them
(http://www.wesip.eu).
> How do u do to realise the Presence module with Openser?
All is C code, and the module is able to handle PUBLISH and SUBSCRIBE
requests and deliver NOTIFYs. You can have a look inside the source,
also, there is documentation available for the module -- see README.

Cheers,
Daniel