[OpenSER-Users] next_gw() function

Bruno Machado bsmufu at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jul 9 23:54:02 CEST 2007

Hi all.

I'm using Openser 1.1.0 and I'm trying to create a failure route using LCR. All the calls must be routed to the same IP, but when the OpenSER execute the next_gw(), I receive the error "503 Service not available, no gateways found". When I change the IP column gw.ip_addr, it works fine.

I think that is not possible to route the messages through the same IP. But I need it! All of my calls must to pass through this IP.

openser ----> proxy B ----> the main GW (isn't answering)

Using the failure route:

openser ----> proxy B ----> the secundary GW (is answering)

This 'proxy B' is important and I can't remove it at all. So, how can I use the next_gw() or another function to route the call throught it? There are a parameter that I can set to help? I wouldn't like to use a static route wrote in the script file. And the Openser's version 1.2? I didn't try it yet. Is it possible using this version?

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Bruno Machado