[OpenSER-Users] SipSpy release (How to see sip messages in openser, or whatever SIP software you use)

Elias Baixas elias.baixas at voztele.com
Thu Jul 5 20:16:57 CEST 2007

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that we have released our visual SIP monitoring tool as OSS (GPL'd).

You can take a look on what it does (and how) on http://www.wesip.com/mediawiki/index.php/SipSpy

basically, SipSpy is composed of 2 softwares: an agent and a manager.
You run the agent in all the nodes where you want to monitor SIP traffic,
and the manager (User Interface) in your computer. THen the manager (SipSpy) connects
to each of the agents through TCP, and they report any SIP packet that matches a
given regexp to the manager.

MOre or less its like having a couple of ngreps running on different hosts, but reporting
the seen SIP packets to a nice graphical User Interface, so that you can see what's happening
in all the nodes in real time from your desktop.

ngrep is tough for starters !

Elias