[Users] RTP without proxying, Linksys 3102

Bill Neely ceo at xantek.cc
Wed Jan 17 00:03:05 CET 2007

I found the answer for the Linksys boxes.
It is this:

Linksys's have an entry called "NAT Mapping Enable", which is on the
Line or Line 1 tab, not anywhere near the STUN settings on the SIP tab.
If this is turned on, the Linksys reports its Contact information
correctly (ie. with the real IP address and port, not the private IP).
The RTP reinvites then work and you can pass off the RTP without going
throuhg a proxy server.

If anybody needs the openser.cfg that works with this, let me know and
I will be happy to send or post it.

Bill
--
702-874-3833