[Users] Cisco 7960 phones

Stephen Varga varga at zbzoom.net
Wed Feb 21 18:38:02 CET 2007

Scott,

Put the attached files into your tftp server that the phones are pulling
their configs and image from. You should also have the following image
files in the same tftp server:

    P003-08-2-00.bin
    P0S3-08-2-00.loads
    P0S3-08-2-00.zip
    P003-08-2-00.sbn
    P0S3-08-2-00.sb2

I have used these files to successfully upgrade phones.

If you have SIPxxxxxxxxxxxx.cnf file created for the phones, make sure
the image_version line is commented out.

The biggest problem I have with this version is using that it reads the
dialplan.xml file but it does not work; I am guessing there is a syntax
change but can not been able to find SIP documentation related to the
8.2 code on Cisco's website.  I have been staying with the 7.5 version
of the code because of this problem.

I found watching which files are being requested by phone a big help in
getting the loads to work properly

Let me know what happens.

Steve

<file:///L:/tmp/SIPDefault.cnf.cnf>