[Users] Cisco 7960 phones

Scott Yagel syagel at packetcall.net
Wed Feb 21 17:29:39 CET 2007

Hi,

We have inherited some older Cisco 7960 SCCP phones that I would like to
upgrade/change to SIP and use on our OpenSER installation.  The phones are
on release 3.1, and the latest release on the Cisco site is 8.2.  I have
perused the many forums on the 'Net and tried all the installation tricks
and recipes that have been recommended, all to no avail.  The last thing I
can try is to upgrade to intermediate releases to eventually get to the
latest one.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the older binaries
anywhere.

If anyone has any suggestions, or know where I can find the intermediate
releases, the info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Yagel
PacketCall, Inc.
syagel at packetcall.net