[OpenSER-Users] T38 re invite not being sent to VoIP provider

Mike O'Connor mike at pineview.net
Thu Dec 20 06:31:53 CET 2007

Hi Guys

I'm trying to get T38 working between our VoIP Provider and my epygi PBX.

I have the epygi registered with openSER when a phone call is received
from our provider openSER forwards the call to the epygi. When this unit
detects the fax tone it does a re invite. (the re invite has the SDP
indicating it want a T38)
This re invite never gets to our VoIP provider. OpenSER is blocking the
request.

The invite would seem to be hitting our loose routing

        if (loose_route()) {
                xlog("L_NOTICE", "Running loose_route logic");
                if ((is_method("INVITE|REFER") && ! has_totag())) {
                        route(ROUTE_AUTHTEST);
                        if (retcode == FALSE)
                                return;
                };

                if (method=="INVITE") {
                        route(ROUTE_AUTHTEST);
                        if (retcode == FALSE)
                                return;
                };

                append_hf("P-hint: rr-enforced\r\n");
                route(ROUTE_DEFAULTHANDLER);
                return;
        };

route[ROUTE_DEFAULTHANDLER] {

        t_on_reply("REPLYROUTE");

        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();
        };
}

Any ideas as to what I might have wrong ?

Keep in mind that we are using OpenSER as a part of VoIP service to a
small number of customers.

Thanks
Mike