[OpenSER-Users] FIFO / SEMS

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.de
Mon Dec 17 16:55:05 CET 2007

Hello,

Bruno Machado wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am reading about FIFO and I am wandering in my thoughts, searching for
> a solution
> that tear down a session. I don't want to use Asterisk anymore for this
> purpose.
> Can I send a BYE message through FIFO? Should I use "t_uac_dlg"? I was
> reading
> about "t_uac_cancel" but it generates a CANCEL and, of course, it won't
> resolve the problem.
>
> I didn't install SEMS yet. So, I would like to know if someone uses this
> software
> (OpenSER + SEMS) within this purpose. This link:
>
> http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/sems/trunk/doc/Readme.sw_prepaid_sip?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
> <http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/sems/trunk/doc/Readme.sw_prepaid_sip?op=file&rev=0&sc=0>
>
> has this:
>
> "When the call duration exceeds the credit, the call is terminated by SEMS."
>

> So, I can realize it sends a BYE to OpenSER through FIFO and it will be
> forwarded to the voip devices. Am I right? I will try to use the
SEMS' sw_prepaid_sip application is a back-to-back user agent that will
create a separate dialog on the callee leg. As it is in the middle, it
has full control over both dialogs. When the credit is expired, it will
tear down both dialogs. That is a bit different from sending a bye in
both directions.

Regards
Stefan

> 't_uac_dlg' now.
> Any comments are welcome.
>
> Cheers
> Bruno Machado

> Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail
> <http://br.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/mail/*http://br.mail.yahoo.com/>,
> o único sem limite de espaço para armazenamento!

Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services

stefan.sayer at iptego.de
www.iptego.de