[Users] trusted IP with accounting

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 26 18:49:45 CEST 2006

We have a similar setup where in our case we send username:password
together, as in:

uac_replace_from("sip:username+password at foobar.com<username+password at foobar.com>
");

The whole idea in using the prepaid account setup, as I described to you,
was to have the prepaid account do the authentication for you, such that the
local accounts created from the end user point are not forwarded onto your
provider as your provider will not know what to do with them, and so they
will not authenticate..

What I would suggest is to find out how (in what form) the provider expects
to receive from you (i.e. Openser2 --->Provider). If you are already using
their service you could probably run a trace on a call or use a tool such as
ngrep to see what the packet is doing. You can then reproduce this
functionality however you choose.

The scenario I was reffering to was:

user1 ---

user2 --- ---> Openser1 (local accts) ---> replace 'From' with Provider
details (username, etc) ---> Provider ---> PSTN

user3 ---

Since the account sent to the Provider is a valid account any way, yo then
should not have to worry about authentication.

There may be a possibility that the provider is doing a SIP Authentication
challenge (e.g. sending a 407 or similar back), in which case you may need
to then send a valid response back. Again you really will have to confirm
this. You will then at least know how to proceed from there.