[Users] help with configuring openser on vmware

Seema seema.p.a at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 04:21:38 CEST 2006

I have ubuntu running on a vmware server on my windows machine. I have
installed openser on ubuntu. The network connection is bridged.
I have set listen=vmware's ip in openser.cfg

When I start openser, it gives me a warning
fix_socket_list: cannot resolve (ip addressin cfg)

I dont know if this is the cause of the problem, but I cannot register
a minisip client with the openser server. The client runs on my
windows m/c ,so its url is client at windowsip and its sip proxy address
is openser's ip.

Ethereal shows me that the client is sending a request:register but it
seems to be getting a request:register back as well whereupon the
client replies with a icmp dest unreachable.

I have no experience with voip, and would greatly appreciate any help.