[Users] openser and proxy

Tue May 2 10:47:04 CEST 2006

It is very hard to succedd with this setup. I've never tried it yet but
I guess you have to:

- forward port 5060 from the router to the linux pc (UDP and if needed
also TCP).
- set advertised address (I do not know the excat name of the parameter,
see the core docu on the wiki) to the public IP. But this may cause
problems with local clients if the NAT device does not support
"hairpinning" (= receive from inside LAN on public IP and send back to
LAN. Use winstun to test your NAT).

Conclusion: Try to get a public IP for openser, or use Asterisk instead
which can be placed behind NAT with less problems.

regards
klaus