[Users] Re: Openser as front end to Asterisk

Kenny Chua strain15 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 15:12:55 CEST 2006

I'm trying to use Asterisk's B2BUA with Openser. However I read somewhere that Asterisk can't handle as much concurrent calls as Openser can with SIP. So that's why I am trying to use both of them together.

This is gonna be somewhat I'm trying to do:

UA ----->Openser ---> Asterisk ------> PSTN Gateway or SIP

All UA should be regisetered on Openser using mysql database.

Question is, if I use this implementation, wouldn't all the call load be on Asterisk instead of Openser?

Maybe I'm getting the wrong picture, as I'm fairly new to this. So I appreciate as much help as possible. I'm trying to do this for my senior design. Thank you.

http://mail.yahoo.com