[Users] MySQL problem under 1.1.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Wed Jul 12 18:13:26 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 07/12/06 00:18, Britton Payne wrote:

> Hello all,
> I've recently upgraded from 1.0.0 cvs to 1.1.0 release and the db
> functions have seemed to quit working.
>
> [bp at boognish openser]$ /usr/sbin/openserctl lcr show
> WARINIG: no database engine found - tried ''
> This command requires a database engine - none was loaded
>
> It seems like loadmodule "/usr/lib/openser/modules/mysql.so" in
> openser.cfg isn't doing the trick anymore.
> I have used openser_mysql.sh to reinstall the databases, which are in
> the default places.
> Any ideas what's going on?

the problem is the new openserctl - there is a new version with modular
architecture. For more details, see:

http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=migrating_openser_v1.0.x_to_v1.1.x#openserctl

In your case, you have to edit /etc/openser/openserctlrc to configure
openserctl with MySQL support. Just add:

DBENGINE=MYSQL

Read the comments inside /etc/openser/openserctlrc - they will explain
what you can configure there.

Cheers,
Daniel