[Users] avp concat

vallimamod abdullah vabdulla at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 19:38:09 CET 2006

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your quick answer.

On 12/18/06, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <daniel at voice-system.ro> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 12/18/06 00:43, vallimamod abdullah wrote:
>> [...]
> > avp_printf("$avp(s:uri)", "$avp(s:usr)@$avp(s:domain)")
> > is not valid.
> avp_printf() is the one that should do what you need. Please add:
>
> xlog("avp(s:uri) = [$avp(s:uri)]\n");
>
> after the avp_printf() functions and see the message printed in syslog.
> Maybe you do some other operations afterwards and the avp is lost.
>
> avp_printf() accepts any kind of pseudo-variables -- including the avps.

You are absolutely right, it works !
I was disturbed by the side effect of another error :-((
I would suggest, for the next update of the avpops module
documentation, to add this precision. Currently, the avp_printf
function description (section 1.5.10) says that the format argument
can contain any pseudo variable but for me, it was not obvious that an
avp is a pseudo-variable ;-)

-vma
.