[Users] TLS

Tue Dec 5 10:33:51 CET 2006

Sebastian Murray-Roberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may seem like a silly question, but I would just like to know if any
> modifications need to be made to the routing block(s) of openser.cfg to
> allow calls to be established using TLS?

no.

> I'm running openser v 1.1.0 and I have just setup TLS. I'm using SIPp to
> test it and it seems to be working as I can register using a SIPp scenario.
> However when I try and make a call the invites are challenged and
> authenticated, but once that is complete the invite is not forwarded to the
> uas. The uas is registered and listening using TLS. The SIPp scenarios also
> work perfectly if I don't use TLS.
>
> Am I missing anything?

Often seen problems are:
- is there a transort=tls parameter in the Contact: header when registering
- if the client is behind NAT - is the IP:port in Contact: header
correct (the public IP:port)? If not you have to use fix_nated_register()
- does the client keep the TCP connection open? This is needed for
receiving incoming calls

- further use extensive xlog logging to debug how the message is routed
inside openser
- a network trace would be helpful too. NOTE: If you use TLS you should
set the cipher to NULL to see the SIP messages in clear text:
tls_ciphers_list= "NULL"

regards
klaus

> Many Thanks