[Users] ACK and re-INVITE ordering

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Dec 1 14:39:08 CET 2006

Hi Jerome,

Jerome Martin wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>A little update/summary on the issue of reINVITEs being sent before the
>ACK of previous INVITE :
>
>- I fixed it temporarily by delaying reINVITEs by 1 second
>  This is ugly, but it works for now.
>
>- I'd really like to fix it for good using dialog module
>  (instead of maintaining state in an external DB).
>  The idea is to tag dialogs with pending ACKs, and drop reINVITEs
>  while the tag is still set.
>
>- Bogdan offered to export store/read functions from dialog. I'd
>  really like to see this happen. Any update on this, Bogdan ?
>  Should I add a feature request to tracker ?
>  Should I move this conversation to devel ML ?

yes please - open a feature request to have it in mind for the next release.
Just to be sure - the enhancement I was referring at is not about adding
additional information about the dialog state as RR param, but just a
function to access the internal dialog state.

>- I was really wondering what those functions would do that RR
>  module's add_rr_param and check_route_param don't.
>  Could anyone help me to understand this ?

see above; the dialog module puts a dialog id in as RR param just for a
fast dialog matching - the information about the dialog parameters, its
state and so on are kept in memory by the dialog module.