[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy: closing expired call when one party stops sending RTP

John Khvatov ivaxer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 21:59:45 CEST 2010

Hello!

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, John Khvatov wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I have a problem with RTP timeouts on media relay.
>
> Media relay sends "expired" command only when _both_ parties stop
> sending RTP. When we have one-directional RTP flow, media relay does not
> throws timeout.

I may be poorly explained the problem...

We have a paid call UA1 <-> UA2. UA1 pays UA2 for the connection. RTP goes in both
directions though a media relay. Imagine, UA1 crashes (softphone crashed
or network problem) and does not send a BYE message. Now, the flow goes
in one direction UA2 -> UA1. UA1 continues to pay the money (until UA2 has
disconnected).

Why media relay does not detect this call (connection) as expired? No
support in the conntrack library?

--
WBR, John Khvatov