[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy: closing expired call when one party stops sending RTP

Richard Revels rrevels at bandwidth.com
Sun Sep 19 23:14:57 CEST 2010

Media relay uses linux connection tracking.  The rules are bi-directional.  If packets are still coming from the called party side back to the (no longer there) calling party side then the packet counters are still incrementing.

I've been looking at the same type of issue with users on sketchy networks calling conference bridges.  One way around it, that I'm not liking at the moment, is sip session timers.  (SST module in opensips)  One reason I'm not fond of this method is I'm already using the dialog timeout for other things and SST modifies it based on the session time. It might be better if there were two timer values with one devoted to SST.  But I digress.

There might also be a way to poll the conntrack packet count externally and compare them against dialogs via the MI interface.  Having a call on hold might be difficult to detect this way though.  I'll let you know if I think of an easy way to deal with this and you do the same for me.

Richard