[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] New features in BLF and presence

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Apr 20 12:48:12 CEST 2010

Hi Anca and Inaki,

> Hi Inaki,
>
> Yes, it will.
> In fact what happens is that the dialog module will trigger the
> pua_dialoginfo callback for created dialog and pua_dialoginfo will
> generate a Publish with state trying. The dialoginfo - presence
> translation feature in presence module will then generate a presence
> publish with substatus ringing.

That sounds right to me.

> The pua_dialoginfo doesn't do any check of the SIP message and assumes
> that if the dialoginfo_set function has been called from the script,
> then it should generated dialog publications for that dialog.The problem
> is that the MSRP offers are also carried in SDP bodies so it is hard to
> check this from the script and not call dialoginfo_set for those Invites.

Currently I'm doing something like this:

if (has_body("application/sdp") && search_body("(m=).*?(MSRP)")) {
    ## SDP contains MSRP
}

You don't want to do call forwarding for a MSRP invite, do you? xDD

The problem I see here is with sessions with multiple types of streams:
if I send an INVITE with audio and MSRP, I don't know if communication
will be audio or MSRP chat or both.

> I think that somewhere in this path a check should be added to prevent
> generating dialog info and presence publications for MSRP Invites.
> Probably either by writing a function to be called from script like
> is_msrp() or doing the check in pua_dialoginfo.

May I suggest something: instead of using terms like 'on the phone' that
suggest only telephony we could use a more generic ones, to match the
concept of a 'session'. A user may establish an audio, video, msrp, t140
session with another, so instead of being 'on the phone' he would be 'In
session...', instead of being 'Ringing...' it would be 'Alerting...' or
some more appropriate messages. How does it sound?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects