[OpenSIPS-Users] Transfer issue

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Oct 26 10:51:45 CET 2009

El Sábado, 24 de Octubre de 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:
> So you actually can have a highly scalable signalling B2BUA - the
> opensips module could be used to locally (on opensips) interpret the
> REFER and do the call transfer, totally transparent to the other party.

Hi Bogdan, even if that sounds look let me be the "bad boy" ;)

- What about the implicit NOTIFY during the REFER transaction?
- What about if parallel forking occurs during REFER transaction?

A more complex case:

- A is speaking with P (PSTN provider).
- A sends a REFER (Refer-To: B).
- OpenSIPS handles the REFERa and generates an INVITE to B.
  - Which codecs does it use?
- B sends 180 during 10 seconds.
- Before B answers or declines the call, P sends a re-INVITE to A.
  - What does then happen? note that a re-INVITE shouldn't take place
    in middle of a REFER transaction (but P kwnos *nothing* about
    the REFER transaction since OpenSIPS b2bua handled it!).

Like this I can imagine hundreds of real cases in which, personally, I expect
b2bua module wouldn't behave correctly.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>