[OpenSIPS-Users] What is the role of t_check_trans at line 253 of opensips.cfg in SVN trunk

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jul 15 11:56:24 CEST 2009

Stanisław Pitucha wrote:

> bogdan_vs: second statement is the correct one....both first check if
> retransmission (and if so resend the reply). If no retransmission,
> only t_newtran() will force the creation of the transaction;
> tr_check_tran() will do nothing

And what is the practical effect of this, from a request processing
speed / computational overhead perspective?

In other words, what is my incentive to do t_newtran()?  Why don't I
just wait and use t_relay() -- which creates the transaction -- at the
bottom?  What is useful about having a transaction created before the
request forwarding is actually initiated, especially if I cannot change
the request body in any way after I create the transaction manually
(which I understand the documentation to be saying)?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems