[OpenSIPS-Users] What is the role of t_check_trans at line 253 of opensips.cfg in SVN trunk

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:22:07 CEST 2009

2009/7/14 Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>:
> Are you saying that t_check_trans() will create a new transaction for a
> non-ACK/CANCEL retransmission too?   Or that it retransmits the last reply
> sent "statelessly" somehow?

I was confused about it too at the beginning. Let me paste what Bogdan
said on IRC - it's easier to understand imo :)

viraptor: ok - I'm confused... this is what I believed to be true:
t_check_tran resends last reply if it's a retrans, otherwise
continues; t_newtran forces creation of a new transmission right
there, ignoring whether the request is a retransmission

viraptor: what I understood you said now is that t_newtrans will do a
t_check_trans (and stop if it's a retrans) and then create a new
transmission (if it's a new message)

bogdan_vs: second statement is the correct one....both first check if
retransmission (and if so resend the reply). If no retransmission,
only t_newtran() will force the creation of the transaction;
tr_check_tran() will do nothing