[OpenSIPS-Users] Users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 77

Denis Bilenko denis at ag-projects.com
Mon Feb 16 10:29:35 CET 2009

kishore kumar <kishoreinbangalore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
> I installed the software dependencies regarding the openxcap but when I am
> trying to run the openxcap server it is throwing the following error.
>
> /opt/python2.5/bin/openxcap start
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/python2.5/bin/openxcap", line 41, in <module>
> from xcap.logutil import start_log
> File "/opt/python2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xcap/logutil.py", line 4,
> in <module>
> from twisted.web2 import responsecode
> ImportError: No module named web2
>
> I installed twisted-web2 also....
>
> Please help me in sorting out this error.
>
> I am eagerly waiting for reply
>
> Thanks,
> Kishore.
Why do you start openxcap like that? 'openxcap' script does not have
"start" command, it's /etc/init.d/openxcap that does.

Regarding your question, if you have installed twisted-web2 successfully,
this should work:

$ python2.5 -c "import twisted.web2"

Until that works, it's a problem with twisted-web2 installation but not
with openxcap.