[Users] how to refresh REGISTER state when restarting redundant proxy

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Mon Apr 23 10:24:58 CEST 2007

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Christian Schlatter writes:
>
>  > What issues are you referring to? We are using openser together with a
>  > mysql 5.0 cluster for quite some time and never had any issues.
>
> how do you upgrade your openser tables when new fields are
> added/removed, which happens on every new release?

We use a combination of mysql cluster 5.0.x for the location table and
master/slave replication for everything else for over a year now.

Altering the cluster table is basically done by:
- disabling all except one node at the SIP load balancer and stop mysql
on the disabled nodes
- putting the remaining active node into single-user-mode
- altering the table on this node
- exiting single-user-mode
- putting back the deactivated nodes into the system

You have to schedule that to a time of day where one proxy/registrar can
handle all the traffic, but beside that it works quite smoothly...

Cheers,
Andreas

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you for your cooperation.
Information pursuant to paragraph 14 Austrian Companies Code: UPC Austria GmbH; Registered Office: Wolfganggasse 58-60, 1120 Vienna Company Register Number: FN 189858d at the Commercial Court of Vienna