[Users] ds_select_dst("1","0"): hash on callid

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Apr 17 11:31:23 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 04/16/07 21:56, Mark Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some interesting results with using the ds_select_dst
> function to load balance asterisk boxes.  I.e. packets with
> method==INVITE are routed with ds_select_dst.
> when using two destinations in the dispatcher.txt file, the calls get
> disproportionately sent to one destination, unless i'm using the
> callid hash.  However callid's property of changing with every invite
> (reinvite, etc) causes me to question it's suitableness.
re-INVITE must have same call-id -- it is message within dialog.

> For example:
> A calls B, puts B on hold, takes B off hold.  Error prone or not?
Not.
> A calls B, puts B on hold, calls C, conferences.
> Ad nauseum.
>
> Am I missing something?
> Is there a better approach?
You should route the calls within dialog based on Record-Route/Route
headers, not with dispatcher.
> Should it Just Work, even hashing on callid?
As said, callid must be same for all messages of a call. Should work.
There is also round-robin, if the distribution based on hash does not
give good results.

Cheers,
Daniel