[Users] using LCR problem

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Apr 15 10:50:34 CEST 2007

Jayesh Nambiar writes:

 > I had made the following changes in the config.h and lcr_mod.c file:
 >
 > Shared memory = 256
 > PKG_Memory = 4*1024*1024
 >
 > MAX_NO_LCRS=50000
 >
 > I really need the functionality of LCR in my script for cost
 > efficiency purposes. The server also has 4GB of memory but something
 > in Openser seems to be wrong !!!

jayesh,

load_gws() function is not trivial.  it needs to goes linearly through
all entries in lcr table (that involves a regexec function call for each
entry) and then for each matching entry, it needs to go linearly through
all gws.  after finding a list of matching gws, it sorts and randomizes
them, removes duplicates, and does stripping.

all this eats cpu resources.  i have many times mentioned on this list
that lcr module with its current functionality has not been intended to
huge numbers of lcr/gateway entries.

nevertheless you are welcome to read the code and suggest optimizations
it there are some to be found.

-- juha