[Users] Why do not have 407 Proxy Authentication Required

Mike Lee gs.mike at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 15:47:32 CEST 2007

Dear friends:

  I have installed openser-1.1.0-tls version, and it works fine with mysql, the sip flow is below:
  UA                  OpenSER
  invite---------------->
        <----------------100 trying
        <----------------101 dialog establishement
        <----------------180 ringing
  My question is, why not have the 407 Proxy Authentication Required in the per call, see my openser.cfg file:
  #
# $Id: openser.cfg,v 1.6 2006/02/15 18:23:46 bogdan_iancu Exp $
#
# simple quick-start config script
#
  # ----------- global configuration parameters ------------------------
  debug=3            # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
fork=yes
log_stderror=no    # (cmd line: -E)
  /* Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode
fork=no
log_stderror=yes
*/
  check_via=no    # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no          # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
port=5060
children=4
fifo="/tmp/openser_fifo"
  #
# uncomment the following lines for TLS support
#disable_tls = 0
#listen = tls:your_IP:5061
#tls_verify = 1
#tls_require_certificate = 0
#tls_method = TLSv1
#tls_certificate = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-cert.pem"
#tls_private_key = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-privkey.pem"
#tls_ca_list = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-calist.pem"
  # ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------
  # Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/mysql.so"
  loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/registrar.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/textops.so"
  # Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
# mysql.so must be loaded !
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/auth_db.so"
  # ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------
  # -- usrloc params --
  modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)
  # Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
  # -- auth params --
# Uncomment if you are using auth module
#
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
#
# If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
# uncomment also the following parameter)
#
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
  # -- rr params --
# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)
  # -------------------------  request routing logic -------------------
  # main routing logic
  route{
          # initial sanity checks -- messages with
        # max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
        if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                exit;
        };
          if (msg:len >=  2048 ) {
                sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
                exit;
        };
          # we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
        # subsequent messages will go through our proxy; that's
        # particularly good if upstream and downstream entities
        # use different transport protocol
        if (!method=="REGISTER")
                record_route();
          # subsequent messages withing a dialog should take the
        # path determined by record-routing
        if (loose_route()) {
                # mark routing logic in request
                append_hf("P-hint: rr-enforced\r\n");
                route(1);
        };
          if (!uri==myself) {
                # mark routing logic in request
                append_hf("P-hint: outbound\r\n");
                # if you have some interdomain connections via TLS
                #if(uri=~"@tls_domain1.net") {
                #       t_relay("tls:domain1.net");
                #       exit;
                #} else if(uri=~"@tls_domain2.net") {
                #       t_relay("tls:domain2.net");
                #       exit;
                #}
                route(1);
        };
          # if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
        # (in case, it does not work, use the following command
        # with proper names and addresses in it)
        if (uri==myself) {
                  if (method=="REGISTER") {
                          # Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
                        if (!www_authorize("localhost", "subscriber")) {
                                www_challenge("localhost", "0");
                                exit;
                        };
                          save("location");
                        exit;
                };
                  lookup("aliases");
                if (!uri==myself) {
                        append_hf("P-hint: outbound alias\r\n");
                        route(1);
                };
                  # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
                if (!lookup("location")) {
                        sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
                        exit;
                };
                append_hf("P-hint: usrloc applied\r\n");
        };
          route(1);
}

route[1] {
        # send it out now; use stateful forwarding as it works reliably
        # even for UDP2TCP
        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();
        };