[OpenSIPS-Users] How to answer a call with a wav file?

Eran Leshem eranl at kayhut.com
Mon May 6 14:09:54 UTC 2024

Hi, I would like to create a special extension that will answer by playing
a wav file back to the caller.

The call will be as such:
1. The caller will call the special extension: "wav-call"
2. Instead of someone answering his call, the calling person will hear
a sound (a song, a wav file), being played back to him.
3. After that, the caller will hang-up.

I have tried to do it in several ways, but failed.
I looked at the documentation and I have tried using:

rtpengine_play_media("file=/path/to/ringback_tone_file.wav");

but, did not succeed.
I keep getting: "Unknown call-ID"

My machine:
- Linux Mint 21.3 which is based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish),
- 16 GB memory,
- OpenSIPS version 3.4
- RTPEngine is installed.

Any ideas?