[OpenSIPS-Users] Learning how to proxy

Egil Hasting egil.hasting at higen.org
Wed May 10 09:08:20 UTC 2023

Hello List,

I have recently started dig into the opensips software, and is without doubt impressed by its maturity and feature set.
However i have stumbled upon something i find weird (probably due to my lack of competence).

I am setting up the opensips as a "transparent" proxy towards B2BUA/Registrar

So current configuration is like this:

Video system -> OpenSIPS -> Cisco VCS

simplified cut from opensips configuration

record_route();
else if (is_method("REGISTER"))
{
xlog("L_INFO", "$socket_out $socket_in $ru $du $rP $oP $ou $ru \n");
switch ($oP)
{
  case "udp":
    $ru = "sip:<vcs ip>:5060";
  break;
  case "tcp":
    $ru = "sip:<vcs ip>:5060;transport=tcp";
  break;
  case "tls":
    $ru = "sips:<vcs ip>:5061;transport=tls";
  break;
}
if (!t_relay())
{
  send_reply(500, "Server Internal Error 1");
  exit;
}
exit;
}

What i see printed is:
$socket_out = tls:<opensips ip>:5061
$socket_in = tls:<opensips ip>:5061
$ru = sip:<registration domain>
$du = null
$rP = udp
$oP = udp
$ou = sip:<registration domain>

In the second leg where the Cisco VCS is, it also insist of the inbound being UDP - even if UDP is disabled everywhere.
i am particularly interested in understand how it can be flagged as a "udp" on both $rP and $oP in that case, when data comes thru the TLS socket?

Rgs
Egil Hasting