[OpenSIPS-Users] serialize_branches() and timeouts

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Jun 28 07:52:55 UTC 2023

Hi Alexander.

The problem here is not related to the ability or inability of OpenSIPS
to drop the late 200 OK - the problem is you MUST not drop it, as you
will break the signaling. Again, a callee party sending a 200 OK expects
an ACK and nothing else.
If you drop (on OpenSIPS level) the late 200 OK, the vendor 1 will
remain inconsistent - it will keep retransmitting the 200 OK as it
expected the ACK for it.

Of course, there is the ugly approach of "playing dead", dropping every
single late 200 OK from Vendor 1, forcing it to generate a BYE
(eventually) and close the call. But this is something really ugly.

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
   https://www.siphub.com