[OpenSIPS-Users] rtpengine not kernel packet forwarding

Kingsley Tart kingsley at dns99.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 13:25:10 UTC 2023

Hi,

I realise this is an OpenSIPS list and not an rtpengine list, but I'm
stumped so am wondering whether anyone on here can shed any light on
the issue.

I have rtpengine working with OpenSIPS but if I try to use kernel
packet forwarding it doesn't forward the packets.

lsmod shows xt_RTPENGINE and x_tables loaded.

With this in iptables, rtpengine works but forwards packets in user
space:

:rtpengine - [0:0]
-A INPUT -p udp -j rtpengine
-A rtpengine -p udp -m udp --dport 2223 -m set --match-set allowed-rtp-management src -j ACCEPT
A rtpengine -p udp -j ACCEPT

With this in iptables, no packets get forwarded:

:rtpengine - [0:0]
-A INPUT -p udp -j rtpengine
-A rtpengine -p udp -m udp --dport 2223 -m set --match-set allowed-rtp-management src -j ACCEPT
-A rtpengine -p udp -j RTPENGINE --id 0

/proc/rtpengine/0/list exists but remains empty. /proc/rtpengine/list
only ever contains a zero.

This is on Debian 11. rtpengine version is 10.5.3.1-1. This is in apt
sources:

deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/dfx.at-rtpengine-archive-keyring.gpg] https://dfx.at/rtpengine/10.5 bullseye main

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

--
Cheers,
Kingsley.