[OpenSIPS-Users] Question on mid_registrar de-registrations

Daren FERREIRA darencrew at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:26:56 UTC 2023

Hello,

I’m currently using mid_registrar without problems but according to the documentation:

the mid-registrar will appropriately generate De-REGISTER requests and remove these contacts from the main registrar's location service as soon as it considers them to have expired.

If I well understood, if a client is registered with a 500 seconds expiry, the server side is set to outgoing_expires, and, if the register is not renewed by the client, opensips should de-register.

In my case, the de-registers that should be triggered are never triggered.

I found no parameters relative to this in mid_registrar module, but, looking at the source code, it seems it depends on usrloc module.
On usrloc module, it seems that contact_refresh_timer is in charge of treating events, like expires, so I tried to enable it, without success.
Even after client expiry + timer_interval, the client is not de-registered on server side.

Is there anything I may have missed?

Here is an extract of modules configuration:

#### USeR LOCation module
loadmodule "usrloc.so"
modparam("usrloc", "nat_bflag", "NAT")
modparam("usrloc", "db_url", "mysql://XXX:YYY@localhost/opensips")
modparam("usrloc", "working_mode_preset", "single-instance-sql-write-through")
modparam("usrloc", "use_domain", 1)
modparam("usrloc", "contact_refresh_timer", true)

loadmodule "mid_registrar.so"
modparam("mid_registrar", "tcp_persistent_flag", "TCP_PERSISTENT")
modparam("mid_registrar", "received_avp", "$avp(received_nh)")
modparam("mid_registrar", "max_contacts", 4)
modparam("mid_registrar", "mode", 2)
…

The only commands related to mid_registrar I use in the script are:

mid_registrar_save("location","v");
mid_registrar_lookup("location");

Thank you for your help