[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and Teams - Route headers and FQDN

Daren FERREIRA darencrew at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:28:03 UTC 2023

Hi John,

Everything I read, even in the opensips source code (grep_sock_info_ext function) shows it is only comparing Route headers values to its local IP addresses.
Whatever I set, comparison is always made with IPs not FQDN.

I do use domain modules for other tests and functions but according to my tests, domain module is not linked nor « consumed » by loose_route(), so that doesn’t solve my issue.

I wonder if the reason I face this problems is not because:
- I use the same IP address to talk to Microsoft as to talk to my internal devices => If IP would be different on the « WAN » and « LAN » side, maybe that would be much easier for opensips to match?
- I use UDP TLS with Microsoft and UDP with my internal devices => If protocol would be the same, there won’t have to switch between sockets?

Maybe a mix of both…

Or maybe most people using OpenSIPS with Teams don’t use it for multi-tenant, use it statically or have done the same « cooking » I made without complaining ;-)

Thank you for you reply :-)