[OpenSIPS-Users] AUTH module HA hash question

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Apr 10 10:33:38 UTC 2023

Hi, Yuri!

On 09.04.2023 17:27, Yury Kirsanov wrote:

> Question is - how do I put TWO hashes into this variable if I'm trying
> to do a 'SHA-256,MD5' authentication, or a 'SHA-256, SHA-512-256' or
> something like that?

The "password_column" name is a bit unfortunate given there are 3 types
of hashes as you already observed, but it was kept for
backwards-compatibility reasons as holder for the MD5 hash :)

The other two hash column module params are right below it in the docs:
hash_column_sha256
<https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.4.x/auth_db.html#param_hash_column_sha256>
and hash_column_sha512t256
<https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.4.x/auth_db.html#param_hash_column_sha512t256>!

> I tried putting these values with a comma, with a semicolon, with a
> '\r\n' but all that leads to is a crash in OpenSIPS without a
> segfault, like this:

Wow!  Maybe this needs to be looked into...  I'm assuming you had to
manually edit the DB schema a bit for that extra-long data to fit in,
right?  If so, I think a crash may be normal / expected, since you are
using OpenSIPS in a /customized/, /non-standard/ way, so you are on your
own!

Best regards,

--
Liviu Chircu