[OpenSIPS-Users] Build a cluster with "sql-only"

jacky z zjack0992 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:44:55 UTC 2022

Hi Team,

I am trying to build a cluster with two opensips instances. The two
opensips instances run on two servers, but they share the same database.
With such a configuration, can I use the sql-only cluster_mode?

In the scripts, I added some extra configurations compared with single
instance,

socket=bin:1.2.3.4:5555

#### Binary Interface protocol module
loadmodule "proto_bin.so"
modparam("proto_bin", "bin_port", 5555)

#### OpenSIPS cluster module
loadmodule "clusterer.so"
modparam("clusterer", "my_node_id", 1)
modparam("clusterer", "my_node_info", "cluster_id=1, url=bin:1.2.3.4:5555")

modparam("clusterer", "db_url", "database_url")

modparam("usrloc", "cluster_mode", "sql-only")

I also add the two instances to the clusterer table. However, I couldn't
make it work. Do I need to add additional routing scripts? Since these two
instances share the same database, I guess the proto-bin would coordinate
the two instances automatically.

Thanks

Jacky